Zulum Visits Uba, Chibok Communities After Abductions and Attacks

Date:

Share post:

Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, has visited Uba town to sympathise with families of schoolchildren abducted from Mussa community, assuring residents that authorities were intensifying efforts to secure the victims’ release.

During the visit on Tuesday, Governor Zulum met with parents of the abducted children at the palace of the Emir of Uba as part of ongoing engagements with communities affected by insecurity in the state.

Addressing residents, the governor expressed sympathy to the Emir, the affected families and the people of the Uba Emirate over the incident.

“I want to convey my deepest sympathy to the Emir of Uba, parents of the abducted children and the entire people of Uba Emirate over the recent unfortunate incident,” he said.

Mr Zulum said the Federal Government, the Nigerian Armed Forces and the Borno State Government were working together to ensure the children were rescued safely.

“Let me assure you that the Federal Government under the leadership of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Nigerian Armed Forces and Borno State Government will do everything possible to secure the release of the children,” the governor added.

He commended security agencies for taking steps to prevent further deterioration of the security situation in the area.

According to him, senior security officials, including the Brigade Commander, Commanding Officer and Divisional Police Officer, had been deployed to strengthen security operations and support efforts to secure the children’s release.

Governor Zulum also pledged to reinforce security in Askira, Uba and neighbouring communities to prevent similar incidents.

“We have made frantic efforts to stabilise Askira, Uba and adjoining communities through reinforcing security in these areas,” he said.

The governor appealed to the abductors to release the children, describing them as innocent minors in need of parental care and protection.

He also urged residents of the Uba Emirate and the wider Borno community to pray for peace and the safe return of the victims during the first 10 days of the Islamic month of Dhul Hijjah.

Speaking during the visit, the Emir of Uba, Alhaji Ali Ibn Isma’ila Mamza II, said the abduction took place on Friday, 15 May, when 48 people were taken from Mussa community. He said those abducted included 37 primary school pupils, six secondary school students and five other residents.

The monarch commended the governor for his continued efforts to tackle insecurity and support affected communities across the state.

A representative of the Mussa community, Dr Chinapi Amanja, also thanked the governor for the visit and acknowledged the deployment of senior military officers and other security personnel to the area.

Zulum Visits Chibok Communities After Attacks

In a separate visit, Governor Zulum travelled to Chibok town to commiserate with communities affected by recent attacks in parts of Chibok Local Government Area.

Addressing district heads, village heads, council members and other stakeholders, the governor said he was saddened by the attacks, which resulted in deaths and injuries.

“I purposely came to Chibok to sympathise with you over the recent attacks in some parts of the local government which claimed many lives and left others injured,” he said.

Mr Zulum urged residents to remain calm and law-abiding, assuring them that the government was taking measures to restore normalcy through the deployment of additional troops.

He also prayed for those who lost their lives and expressed condolences to their families.

Speaking on behalf of the affected communities, the District Head of Garu, Engr Zannah Madu, thanked the governor for the visit and for the government’s continued intervention in addressing security challenges in the area.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_img

Related articles

Pantami Rejects APC Primary Process, Announces Withdrawal

Former Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Professor Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, has withdrawn from the All Progressives...

‘They Told Tinubu I Wanted to Kill Him’ – Shettima

Vice-President Kashim Shettima has opened up on how some persons tried to pitch him against President Bola Ahmed...

Yobe Govt Awards N5m to Winners of Menstrual Hygiene Innovation Challenge

The Acting Secretary to the Yobe State Government, Dr Mohammed Goje, has presented a total of N5 million...

EFCC Secures Final Forfeiture of Jet Linked to Borno Politician

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has secured a final forfeiture order for a Hawker 800XP private...