Home Blog Page 303

Insecurity: Matawalle, two northern govs meet Niger Republic President

0

By: Wadzani Apagu

In search of security assistance, Governor Bello Mohammed Matawalle of Zamfara State and his counterparts from Jigawa and Kebbi states, Hon. Badaru Abubakar and Senator Atiku Bagudu respectively, have left Nigeria to Niger Republic

According to a press statement signed and issued to newsmen in Gusau, Zamfara State capital, by the Special Adviser to Governor Matawalle on Media and Publicity Affairs, Comrade Zailani Bappa, the trio met with the President of Niger Republic, Alhaji Mohamud Bazoum to secure the two countries borders.

According to the statement, the three governors arrived in the country’s capital, Niamey, on Friday where they held a preliminary closed-door meeting with the officials of Niger Republic.

The statement further stated that after meeting with the country’s officials, they later met with President Bazoum with whom they held a closed-door meeting that lasted for over four hours.

They revealed that they discussed issues surrounding cross border crimes as it affects both countries.

“Governor Matawalle assured the President of the total commitment of the governors bordering Niger Republic of the resolve to join hands with his country to fight and bring to an end the insecurity situation ravaging the two countries.”

In his response, Bozoum assured them that his country is aware of its role and will play in the fight against the transit of illegal weapons into Nigeria.

According to the president, Niger Republic will continue to support Nigeria in its effort to find lasting peace especially from the menace of banditry and insurgency.

Recall that Matawalle made a similar visit last month where he donated four Hilux vans to the security operatives of Niger Republic to assist them in the patrol along the borders to fight the incursion of criminal elements into the country.

Villagers kidnapped along Kaduna Birnin Gwari road

0

By: Wadzani Apagu

Bandits kidnapped 18 persons and killed one in Angwar Zalla Udawa in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

The bandits reportedly stormed a village along Kaduna-Birnin Gwari highway on Sunday morning and snatched the victims, shooting one person dead.

A youth leader in the area, Mallam Hamisu who spoke to DAILY POST said they were taken unawares by the bandits.

He said the bandits stormed the village and started shooting.

”As people ran for safety, one of the residents was shot dead immediately and those who were unable to run were taken away by the bandits”, he informed.

He said married women, adults and young ladies were among those abducted.

ASP Mohammed Jalige, Kaduna Police Public Relations officer is yet to respond to calls on the development.

Only God knows everything – Arsenal’s Gabriel reacts after red card

0

By: Ibrahim Mshelia

Arsenal defender, Gabriel Magalhaes, has suggested that he did not commit any offence to warrant being sent off during their Premier League clash against Manchester City on Saturday.

The Gunners were defeated 2-1 by the Premier League leaders at the Emirates and it happened after the Brazilian star was sent off.

Gabriel assures the club’s fans that he wouldn’t mind running for Arsenal until he dies as the Gunners remain firmly in the race for a top-four finish in the Premier League this season.

Bukayo Saka fired the Gunners ahead just past the half-hour mark but City levelled in the 57th minute as Riyad Mahrez converted from the penalty spot.

Gabriel was shown a second yellow card just two minutes later and the Brazilian’s red card proved costly for Mikel Arteta’s side as City capitalized on their one-man advantage late on through Rodri.

Pep Guardiola’s men are now 11 points clear of second-placed Chelsea at the top of the table.

“Hard to accept it, but only God knows everything!” Gabriel said on Instagram.

“Proud to be part of this team!!! Amazing spirit! We will keep working together, fighting until the end!!

“For this team I will run until I die!! Let’s keep improving in 2022!!!”

Gov Wike bans nightclubs, prostitution in Port Harcourt

0

By: Wadzani Apagu

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has banned Nightclubs and prostitution in the state.

Wike gave the order in his New Yesr broadcast in Port Harcourt on Saturday, Wike banned nightclub activities including nighttime trading and street prostitution especially along Abacha road and surrounding streets particularly in the Casablanca area.

According to Wike, the move will “Stop the harmful effects of this depraved activities on the moral development of the children and society at large.”

However, it remains unclear how long the ban will last, but certainly, the Governor has less than two years left in office.

Wike further directed security agencies in the State to arrest and prosecute anyone attempting to violate the ban. He said a taskforce would be set up to this effect.

The Governor Wike-led administration will come to an end after the general elections in 2023.

Kachalla and Auta bandit leaders eliminate in Zamfara

0

By: Wadzani Apagu

Nigerian military neutralized bandit leaders, Kachalla Ruga and Alhaji Auta in a New Year eve operation.

They were targeted Friday night by a Nigerian Air Force (NAF) aircraft after intelligence identified them.

Kachalla, Auta and their footsoldiers died at Gusami Forest and Tsamre village in Birnin Magaji Local Government Area.

Several bandits who converged at Auta’s residence for his burial were also struck by subsequent bombardment of the location.

An officer told PRNigeria that follow-up airstrikes hit fleeing gang members and those hiding under trees.

“The whereabouts of other notorious bandits like Alhaji Nashama, Shingi and Halilu, either incapacitated or on the run, remain unknown.”

He added that the operation confirmed the resolve of the Armed Forces and other security agencies to crush the threats posed by banditry and terrorism.

Iheanacho Calls on African Players To Show Class At 2021 AFCON

0

By: Ibrahim Mshelia

Leicester city player, Kelechi Iheanacho has called on all players from participating teams at this year’s Africa Cup of Nations to show the rest of the world how great football on the continent is.

The build-up to the tournament, which kicks off on January 9, will see a number of teams in the Premier League and other top European leagues lose key players in the middle of the domestic season.

It’s led to some questions about whether players will carry on playing for their club instead of their country.

Iheanacho, who’s due to represent Nigeria in Cameroon, believes this is an opportunity for all the nations to show the world what they can do.

 

in and interview with talkSPORT: “We need to keep doing what we’re doing and do our best and keep showing the world that Africa deserves more and there are more opportunities for good footballers over there.

“Our competition needs to be looked at as well but I think we need to prove with our play that our competition is underrated by doing extraordinary things on the pitch, by scoring goals, by performing really well so when we do that it will speak for itself.”

‘I’m Not Aware Lukaku Is Unhappy At Chelsea’ —Tuchel

0

By: Ibrahim  Mshelia

Chelsea head coach Thomas Tuchel said he was not aware that his player, Lukaku was unhappy at the club.

Lukaku told Sky Italy he was “not happy with the situation” at Stamford Bridge in an interview released on Thursday. The Belgian rejoined the Premier League side from Inter Milan for a club-record fee of £97.5 million in August.

He has scored seven times in a season hampered by injury and coronavirus but Tuchel has at times left him out of the starting XI even when he has been fit.

Tuchel, whose second-placed side face Liverpool this weekend, told his pre-match press conference concerning the issue: ”The thing with Romelu is that I don’t think anyone in this building is aware he’s unhappy.

“That’s why (there is) surprise at the statement. That’s why we need to check with him now, because I can see no reason why it should be like this.

“So I will wait to see what Romelu has to say and then we will deal with this.”

The former Paris Saint-Germain boss said a certain level of tension in a dressing room could be turned into an advantage.

“It’s not necessary for the dressing room to be always in harmony,” he said. “You don’t have to hug each other and love each other every day.

“Sometimes it’s good to be on the edge, sometimes it’s good to be in disharmony, when it is in between certain boundaries.”

KADUNA: Police kill one, arrest two, rescue nine

0

By: Wadzani Apagu

Police in Kaduna State have raided a bandits’ camp belonging to one Isiya, a notorious bandit, killed one and arrested two others in Sabon Birni forest of Igabi Local Government Area of the State.

According to a statement issued by the State Command’s Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Mohammed Jalige, the operation took place on Friday, 31st December, 2021.

The statement explained that the operation was executed by the operatives of the State Command, in collaboration with the Force Intelligence Bureau and Special Tactical Squad of the Force Headquarters, Abuja, as well as some local vigilante.

ASP Mohammed Jalige further explained that nine kidnapped victims were rescued by the operatives, adding that this followed intelligence gathering that victims were held hostage for ransom in the said forest.

The statement added that, “The mission was cautiously and successfully executed which resulted in one bandit neutralized, while many others escaped with varying degrees of bullet wounds.”

It added that two suspects, namely: Rabe Baushe and Badamasi Usman were arrested and taken into custody for further investigation.

The statement explained that eight of the nine rescued victims have since reunited with their families after undergoing a medical checkup at the Police medical facility and were profiled.

The PPRO stated that the remaining victim was rushed to the Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital Kaduna following a bullet injury.

CP Mudassiru Abdullahi, the Commissioner of Police, Kaduna Command, hailed the commitment and doggedness of the officers and enjoined them to sustain the tempo so as to usher in the Year 2022 on a high note.

He called on the general public to always support the efforts of security agencies in tackling the menace of armed banditry and other violent crimes in order to ensure sanity in the State.

I learnt kidnapping from watching Zubby’s movies

0

By: Wadzani Apagu

Ayobamidele Ayodelem a kidnap suspect narrate that he learnt the act of kidnapping by watching actor, Zubby Michael’s movies.

Ayodele who was arrested by the Tunji Disu-led Force Intelligence Response Team in Ogun State for abducting a six-year-old boy named Ebube Eze. His arrest was effected after the victim’s father sent a petition to the Inspector General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba.

According to Vanguard, the victim was kidnapped from Remson Group of Schools, located in Ojo Alaba area of Lagos, and was kept hostage for four days until a ransom of N550,000 was paid for his release.

During interrogation, the 23-year-old suspect confessed that he learnt kidnapping skills from watching Nollywood movies.

His words; “Zubby Michael is my favorite Nollywood actor and he is good at kidnapping roles.

“I decided to try out some of the methods used by Zubby to kidnap children and adults in the movies.

“I started by visiting several schools around Ojo to see the possibility of picking children without anyone noticing.”

The suspect revealed that he used the tactics he learnt to kidnap the child in November 16, 2021.

Apologizing for his crimes, he said, “I am sorry for causing his family so much pain. I am not a cultist or an armed robber. I do not have a gang.

“I just trained myself by watching Zubby Michael. My parents trained me very well, I was just impatient and greedy.”

Okorocha, gov Uzodinma Sponsors Of Insecurity In Imo, IPOB Says

0

By Wadzani Apagu

The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has said Governor Hope Uzodinma of Imo State and Senator Rochas Okorocha of Imo West should swear they are not sponsoring insecurity in the State.

IPOB alleged that Okorocha and Uzodinma first created an alliance to oust former governor of the State, Emeka Ihedioha.

Emma Powerful, IPOB spokesman, said Okorocha and Uzodinma’s selfish reason was responsible for the activities of unknown gunmen.

In a statement, Powerful said the politicians sponsor unknown gunmen and blame them on the Eastern Security Network, ESN.

According to Powerful: “We the great family and movement of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) under the command and leadership of our great prophet and indefatigable liberator, Mazi Nnamdi Okwuchukwu KANU wish to draw the attention of the world that based on the unfolding security issues in Imo State, it has become very obvious that Gov. Hope Uzodinma and his predecessor Rochas Okorocha, are the sponsors of the so-called unknown gunmen perpetrating insecurity in Imo State for some time now.

“We have always explained that unknown gunmen were created by selfish and greedy politicians entangled in political war but many people did not believe us. Uzodinma and Okorocha first went into alliance in their desperation to oust Gov. Emeka Ihedioha, and they did a lot of abnormal things to achieve that selfish goal. Soon afterwards, they fell apart and resorted to other heinous schemes including but not limited to recruiting and arming hoodlums to outsmart each other.

“Their calculation was to blame the nefarious activities of their evil boys on IPOB and Eastern Security Network ESN operatives, an erroneous narrative many gullible minds had hitherto believed. Until the abduction of Okorocha’s son in-law, Uche Nwosu in the church by Uzodinma’s hitmen, many didn’t believe politicians were the masterminds of the insecurity and activities of unknown gunmen in Imo State and other parts of Biafra land.”