Home Blog Page 267

Man Sets Wife Ablaze In Adamawa

0

A man known as Kuryanga has set his wife ablaze while she was asleep in Adamawa, the incident occurred last week Thursday in Guyuk town, in the Guyuk Local Government Area of the State.

He used a petrol, and a matches box, attacked and set ablaze his estranged wife, Janet John, while asleep on an ill-fated night.

Noyina, an aunt to Janet said: “It was terrifying to wake up to a column of burning fire like a typical horror movie scene. More torturing was to hear my niece crying for help while she burns in the flames.”

John and Kuryanga ended their seven-year marriage three years ago, with a court order prohibiting him from seeing her due to his violent disposition, Noyina revealed.

She said, “Despite Kuryanga getting married to another lady, coupled with the court verdict, he still refused to let go of her while jealously threatening her life and those of her suitors.

“When he eventually struck, he also joined sympathisers at my niece’s bedside in the hospital the following day. He almost got away with it. Fortunately, his pregnant wife later confirmed an abandoned crime scene petrol container as their family belonging.

He went to where she was sleeping in the middle of the night, poured petrol, struck the matches and fled, leaving her in flames. He got her because of the scourging hot weather; we all sleep in the open.”

Kuryanga was arrested after his wife revealed that she saw a petrol container in their house which doesn’t belongs to them, adding that he had confessed to the crime and pleaded to be forgiven.

The police in the State could not immediately confirm the incident. When contacted, the police spokesperson for Adamawa State Command, DSP Suleiman Nguroje, said he was yet to be briefed.

20 Passengers Burnt To Dead In Bauchi Auto Crash

0

Twenty passengers of two commercial vehicles were burnt to death in an accident which occurred at Huturu Village on Bauchi-Kano road on Tuesday.

Yusuf Abdullahi, the Bauchi State Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), said 21 persons were in the two commercial vehicles, while 20 were killed and the driver of one of the vehicles survived the crash with an injury.

He said that 11 males, five females, one male child and three female children were burnt to ashes in the accident, adding that the surviving driver was taken to the Kafin Madaki Hospital, while the bodies of those burnt beyond recognition were buried at Huturu village.

“The accident was caused by a speed violation. It happened at about 11:30 am on Tuesday at Huturu Village, along Bauchi to Kano road. Our men got the report at about 11:38 am and we got to the scene at about 11:50 am. A driver was injured, and 20 others were killed and burnt to ashes.

“They include; 11 males, five females, one male child and three female children. The injured driver was taken to Kafin Madaki Hospital while the dead passengers were buried at Huturu village,” the sector commander stated.

Abdullahi, warned drivers to avoid overspeeding and always drive moderately to keep their lives and the passengers’ safe.

IPOB Commander Killed In Imo

0

A gunman identified as the Commander of the outlawed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) was killed by Nigerian Army troops belonging to the 34 Artillery Brigade in Imo.

Troops reported that they came across members of the separatist organization who were firing sporadically at Banana Junction in the state’s Orlu Local Government Area, while they were enforcing their “illegal sit- at-home’’ order on law-abiding citizens.

The commander was killed during a gun battle at Ihioma Community in Orlu, according to Army spokesman Brig.-Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, who issued a statement in Abuja on Monday.

The IPOB/ESN offenders withdrew from the gun duel in a blue Toyota Highlander towards Ihioma locality for reinforcement, according to Nwachukwu.

“In the gun battle that ensued, one of the criminals was taken out, while others fled in disarray. Troops are combing the general area in a follow-up operation to track down the fleeing dissidents.”

“Having suffered casualties and effectively denied freedom of action by the troops, the group has resorted to cheap propaganda to whip up public sentiments.

“This, they have done by circulating a doctored video on social media alleging troops’ complicity in their mindless atrocities. This propaganda should be disregarded in its entirety,” the statement said.

3 Kidnapped Victims Killed In Sabon Tasha Over Failure To Pay N20m Ransom, 26 Others Get Deadline

0

Three kidnapped victims out of 26 others from Ungwan Bulus in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State have been killed by terrorists on Monday night, with a warning of killing more by 12noon Monday, if what what they asked for is not given to them.

The Chief of Ungwan Bulus, Gideon Haruna Goni while speaking in his palace said that the terrorists called the community to inform them that they should go and pick corpses of those killed around Dutse Community, along the Kaduna-Abuja highway.

He said that the terrorists called and said if they don’t pay the N20m before 12pm on Tuesday (April 19, 2022), others would be killed.

“They warned us that they will kill more, especially women if their demands are not met. 26 were abducted, three were killed, and one was released due to liver problem”.

On March 31, bandits attacked the community around 8pm, shot dead two people, and kidnapped 26 others said the Chief.

“As a community, we raised some amount of money and they called us and told us to come pick the corpses of victim’s from Dutse.

“I am begging them not to kill anyone, we are waiting and appealing to the state and federal government as well as religious clerics to come to our aid so that we can stop the killing.

One of the kidnapped victim family, said they have raised the sum of N7m, but the terrorists wants N20m or they will kill all the victims.

Stop Giving Birth to Children You Can’t Take-care of – Nafisa Abdullahi

0

Popular Kannywood actress, Nafisa Abdullahi, on Saturday called the attention of parents to stop giving birth to babies they can’t afford to take care of.

she said: “God will hold you accountable for having children without giving them all the necessary guidance and parental care.

“God will ask you on the way and manner you raised your children, so those in the habit of having many children they cannot take care of, ending up in sending them far in search for knowledge get prepared,” the actress said.

She expressed sadness over how some parents sends their two to three-year-old children to Almajiri school.

Although the actress made no mention of any particular region or clan, it is typical in Hausa territory for young children to be sent to an Islamic school far away from their parents in quest for religious knowledge and discipleship known as Almajiranci.

We Must Reject PDP And APC – Umar Ardo, Ph.D. SDP Governorship Aspirant, Adamawa State

0

The sad state of things in our country and our state today like the destruction of our economy, our educational system, our environment and ecology; the ensuing banal corruption, nepotism, unemployment, poverty, insurgency, banditry, kidnapping, genocide; the general state of violence and insecurity across our country and state – is brought to us solely by the PDP and the APC! This is an indisputable and undeniable fact as it is only these two political parties that held sway the affairs of our country and our state since the return of democracy in 1999. As a longtime member of the PDP, I have seen this destructive tendency in the party, and I opposed it and fought it at the political scene and the court rooms all through the years.

When both efforts of mine failed to reverse this tendency and achieve the desired results, I then initiated the formation of the APC and enthronement of Mohammadu Buhari as president in in 2015 in the hope that Nigeria would have a better deal. Unfortunately, President Buhari and the APC themselves proved too feeble, incompetent and incapable of halting the national drift. In fact, as we have all seen, things became even worse under the Buhari-led APC regime.

It is now obvious to all that as a people and a country we cannot and should not allow things to continue in this manner. And in order to halt this inexorable national drift and give our democracy, our people and our country a new lease of life and sense of direction, it has become imperative that real patriots across the country migrate away from both the PDP and the APC, and staunchly oppose their destructive tendencies! These two parties clearly have no solutions, or even direction, to our national malaise; in fact, an increasingly dominant public view today rightly sees them as represented by their practitioners as the source of the national problem itself. They must therefore be put out of our public affairs at all costs.

I believe we need to build an alternative platform that will take on the real issues confronting us as a people created by the PDP and APC, and proffer feasible and practical solutions for the betterment of our country. To this end, PDP and APC are obviously out of any consideration. For me, therefore, after sober reflection and wide consultations, I take on the SDP as that viable alternative; and I call on all rational and responsible citizens of this our great country, and specifically all indigenes of Adamawa state, to join us in this drive to rescue our democracy, our society and our people from the maladious grip of these two venal political parties. We have already been destroyed enough; let us not allow ourselves to be annihilated.

I Will Beat Any Church Member That Assault His Wife – Apostle Suleman

0

Apostle Johnson Suleman of the Omega Fire Ministries has said that biological brothers of men who beat their wives are useless.

Suleman advised women in abusive marriages to leave while they are still alive, he said there are some marriages that should break.

He made the appeal as reaction trails the death of gospel singer, Osinachi Nwachukwu, whose husband, Peter Nwachukwu, physically abused in their marriage.

Osinachi was said to have died from injury sustained from one of the many attacks she suffered from her husband.

Speaking on Sunday, Suleman said, “All those women that their husbands are beating, don’t they have brothers? If they don’t have biological brothers, they have Christian brother.

“If you are in this church and you are beating your wife, stop it. If she reports you to me, we will beat you, I will go to the police station and take permission before I gather brothers in this church to beat you.

Yari Distributes 16,000 Bags of Food to IDPs in Zamfara

0

Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Zamfara State of Northwestern Nigeria received donation of assorted grains from former Governor of the state, Abdulaziz Yari Abubakar to ease their suffering during the holy month of Ramadan.

Yari distributed the food items through a charity group “Zamfara Circle” he donated 47 Trucks of food which includes Millet, Maize, Rice and Sugar to make the IDPs happy during this holy month.

The former Governor also set a Monitoring Committee to supervise the distribution of the items by the Zamfara Circle and applauded the effort of the group to provide relief to the displaced person’s.

In a remark, during the flag off ceremony for the distribution, Chairman of the Monitoring Committee, Malam Aminu Jelani said, Abdulaziz Yari asked them to ensure that, at least each of the IDPs Receive One Bag of Food item or more with Sugar and non of them should give bribe to anyone who may demand it before handing over the items to them.

We are very much confident in Zamfara Circle, considering their track record, so we believe they will ensure justice” Jelani affirmed

“Don’t allow anyone to collect anything from the them (IDPs) as we trust your reputation” he added.

On his part, Chairman Zamfara Circle, Dr Al-amin Tsafe has vowed to ensure justice in the distribution, saying their aim is to ensure Zamfara people are Comfortable in all aspects of life, hence commended the former Governor for the gesture which described as timely.

Nigerians See PDP As Only Hope – Sule Lamido

0

Former Governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido has said Nigerians now see the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, as their only hope.

Lamido said the party’s ongoing preparations for the 2023 general election are in the interest of national development, and that the quest for support from PDP stakeholders across the country would enhance the party’s image.

In the PDP, everything we do is for the good of Nigeria, not ours. People see the PDP as the only hope in Nigeria today, we are working to bring what Nigerians will enjoy and will be able to restore mutual love and trust”

For me, before you do anything, you need to restore trust”, obviously, in Nigeria today, we do not trust each other, we do not feel comfortable with each other now”

Similarly, Sule Lamido recalled the 2015 election, saying that Nigerians lost and not the PDP.

There was a party called the PDP that won elections in 1999, 2003, 2007, 2011 but lost in 2015. So Nigerians know the PDP very well.

We did not lose the election in 2015 or 2019, it was Nigerians who lost the election; it was Nigerians who lost, not us.”

Nigerian Youths Can’t Be Blamed For Being Lazy, Says Tinubu

1

About four years ago, President Muhammadu Buhari criticised the attitude of some Nigerian youths, saying they were only hustling to get on the gravy train.

Over 60 percent of Nigerians population are below 30, and many of them haven’t been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria is an oil-producing country, therefore, they sit and do nothing, and gets social amenities for free, he said this during a panel appearance with world leaders at the Commonwealth Business Forum in London but he was criticised for the comment, with many saying it failed to understand the reality of the exploits of Nigerian youths.

Presidential aspirant, Bola Tinubu, has said Nigerian youths can’t be blamed for being lazy with an unstable electricity supply in the country.

While addressing youths of the All Progressives Congress, APC, yesterday in Lagos State, the Leader, said Nigeria cannot experience “rapid development” without electricity.

Tinubu said that Nigeria cannot continue to give “excuses” for failure to generate a stable power supply, adding that a nation cannot make rapid development without electricity.

He said the county cannot give erratic electricity that is undependable and then blame youths again that they are lazy, he also said that President Muhammadu Buhari had in April 2018, described Nigerian youths as lazy.

Buhari said Nigerian youths sits at home and do nothing while depending on the claims that Nigeria is an oil-rich nation.