Uromi Killings: Edo Gov. Visits Families of Slain Victims in Kano

Date:

Share post:

Edo State Governor, Sen. Monday Okpebholo, on Monday visited Kano State to commiserate with the families of victims killed in the recent attack in Uromi, Edo State.

MaidawaArewa reports that 19 of the victims hailed from Bankure Local Government Area of Kano State and were returning from Port Harcourt when they were ambushed and killed.

Okpebholo, who expressed deep sorrow over the incident, assured the bereaved families that justice would be served.

“I was deeply touched when I received the news of the incident at night. By 4 a.m., I left Abuja and rushed to Uromi to meet with the affected families. During my campaign, your people supported me, and I stand with you in this time of grief,” he said.

The governor disclosed that 14 suspects had been arrested in connection with the killings and would be transferred to Abuja for further interrogation after the holiday. He added that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu had directed security agencies to track down all those involved.

In his remarks, the Governor of Kano State commended Okpebholo for his swift intervention and support to the affected families.

“We appreciate the Governor of Edo State for his prompt response to this tragic event. He immediately visited the scene, ensured that the corpses were retrieved, and arranged for their proper burial.

“He also made commitments to support the affected families, and I can confirm that he has fulfilled those promises. We trust his assurance that the culprits will be brought to book, as justice remains our utmost priority,” he said.

Badamasi Sally, speaking on behalf of the Arewa community in Edo State, reaffirmed the longstanding peaceful relationship between northern residents and Edo people, urging that the incident should not be used to create division.

Similarly, Fred Akhigbe, leader of the Edo community in Kano, described the visit as a significant step toward strengthening unity and called for calm among citizens.

Okpebholo’s visit showcased his administration’s commitment to justice and national unity. The Edo State Government assured that security agencies would continue efforts to apprehend and prosecute those responsible for the attack.

Zagazola

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_img

Related articles

PDP Bigwig Dumps Party in Yobe

Dr Aji Kolomi, a former Yobe East senatorial candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2023...

I was offered N5 billion to raise motion to impeach Fubara – Ehie

The Chief of Staff to the suspended Governor of Rivers State, Edison Ehie, has alleged that he was...

Tinubu directs security agencies to track down killers of hunters in Edo

President Bola Tinubu has condemned the killing of hunters traveling through Uromi in Esan North Local Government Area...

Unlawful Possession Of Firearms Remains A Criminal Offense, IGP Condemns Mob Action In Edo State, Orders Immediate Fcid Takeover Of Investigation

The Nigerian Inspector-General of Police, IGP Kayode Adeolu Egbetokun has condemned the violent mob action carried out against...